I’ve been tagged by to say 7 things about myself.
1) I am not confrontational. I don’t like tense situations, like people getting into arguments around me. Once my newly wed friend got into a very mini tiff with her husband over the phone. I cried. I wasn’t married then but I was very uncomfortable and wondered if I was sure I wanted to go down the same nuptial route.
2) I am very creative. I love colours, design and fabrics. I love to design spaces that result in a desired feeling. When I visit people’s homes I always do a mental redesign. I also mentally prepare myself when I revisit a friend’s home that has abused design principles, like using blue in the dining room. Not cool. Warm colours like red and orange stimulate appetite, blue will work in a study or bedroom. Nuff said.
3) I love to tell stories. So much so that I recycle a lot. My friends sometimes finish a story I start as they’ve heard it all before. When the Lord teaches me something new, I tend to really run with it. Like my recent lesson on negativity, I now drop in some info on the subject in almost every conversation. Currently lesson en vogue is hardwork. Very hardwork. I believe there is reward in it.
4) I don’t like pretentious people. I like people who are real. I don’t trust people who put on airs and graces, it makes me feel like I’m being judged by not living up to their standards.
5) I married my best friend. We were friends for years, went to the movies together, etc. We would stay on the phone for hours talking about school days, etc. Then one day he asked me who I saw myself with in the future. We talked easily about that kind of stuff. I panicked because I looked into my future and saw one man- him! That was not good. Of course I didn’t tell him but became very guarded from then on, it was akward. I still don’t know how long I had been in love with him before he asked that question. Eventually I had to confess, as he was my confidant, huge disadvantage to me! But he still had to ask me out officially, I’m old school like that 😀
6) I am a daddy’s girl, the only girl of my parents. I grew up with brothers only, now I have four sons of my own and no daughter. Could God be telling me something? Like I’m so special there couldn’t possibly be another girl in the family?
7) I like to solve problems. I don’t know if it is a gift or not but I believe there is a solution to every problem. Sometimes the answer is walking away from the issue. I think I might have been an inventor if I was born during the industrial revolution. Okay now we are getting into big-headed zone, I’ll stop now!
The following bloggers have been duly awarded the STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD and tagged. Award details here: http://www.lightherlamp.com/2011/01/stylish-versatile-saturday.html
- Justjoxy’s Blog
- Myne Whitman
- The Lilith Dairies
I want to stop and say “thank you” to the people who have made it possible to stand with my head held high, tears in my eyes…you know who you are!